Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 8

Week 8 has begun, and all course participants are to be actively engaged in sharing feedback with one another.

I always wonder about how helpful the peer feedback is. I think with adults, peer feedback is very helpful, especially when furnished with checklists and rubrics. I don't think peer feedback is helpful with students unless the feedback is carefully scaffolded. Students really need to understand an assignment's requirements in order to give one another good quality feedback. When they are struggling to understand what is required, the qualify of the feedback is very low.

Donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,
    I share your point of view about offering feedback. Creating/finding the rubric for the tools I've created did make me think about this a lot. I feel that sometimes I don't highlight the importance of rubrics enough for my students.

    Diana
    Romania

    ReplyDelete