Sunday, August 2, 2015

Week 6

Hello!

Well . . .  this week passed nicely, with a lot of activity. This week's focus was interactive PowerPoint. When I discovered interactive PowerPoint, my thoughts changed completely about the usefulness of PowerPoint. Sitting and watching and reading a lengthy PowerPoint presentation is soooooo boring. It puts me to sleep. I am constantly amazed by the poor quality of a speaker's PowerPoint--these are people who should know better. They feel the need to cram every word possible on each slide. Bleh!!

I just attended a webinar, and the PowerPoint was one of the worst I've ever seen. I could not read the slides, the words were too small. There were grammar and punctuation errors; the lists were not parallel. It was so unprofessional, it was sad. A little bit of work and attention could have corrected the errors and made for a much better presentation.

I like minimal slides with interaction. This keeps an audience and students engaged and motivated.

To tell you the truth, I tend to judge speakers by the quality of the PowerPoint! If they have a poor quality PowerPoint, I tend to disregard the speaker.

That's my rant for the week!

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Donna,

    I always thought that the people during whose lectures I was sleeping are in my country only. But, alas1 They are in America as well and it makes me laugh a lot! Here, they always parrot their PowerPoints, nothing more! And the audience has to endure this stuff for many hours...
    How good that we have found out the Interactive Technique Tools with you at the Head, Donna!!! Thanks a lot1

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna,
    I forgot to tell you that my two blogs are now working and I have posted my posts there without any problems,

    ReplyDelete